Saturday, February 20, 2010

Luke's First Solids--well, rice cereal, that is.

I'm not sure I would call 1 tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with 4-5 tablespoons of breast milk a solid, but Luke had his first cereal yesterday evening.  It was a lot of fun watching him eat with a spoon.  Luke has always been a very eager eater.  In fact, when he is fed with a bottle, he will actually reach for it now and bring it into his mouth.  He holds the bottle with a death grip and scolds you with his cry for taking it away before he is ready.  He is not like this as much with nursing--I guess because he does more self-regulating and I have no way of telling how much he is eating.  Well, Luke was no different with the cereal.  You can see a progression of his first cereal meal below.

Here, he is trying to figure out what is going on--why is mommy putting milk in a bowl and mixing it with a spoon--I am hungry--let's get this show on the road! 

Mmmmmm...that was pretty good, but here, let me help you get it in my mouth faster.


 
OK...I'm not so sure about these little bitty bites with many seconds in between each.  Can we just pour it into my mouth please?



Here, let me help you again.


 

It was a lot of fun, but a little messy since Luke tried to help us.  It is difficult to keep a very thin liquid on an itty bitty spoon.  I think we'll try a little thicker concoction next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment