Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 1 of the Rachael Ray Weekly Meal Planner Trial

On Sunday night I cooked the Baked Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Salad (10 minute prep, 35 minutes cooking)--this coincided with day one of Rachael's weekly meal planner in her March magazine.   I loved how easy it was!  I prepared the chicken before our 4:30pm church community group meeting so that it was ready to go in the oven right after the meeting around 6pm.  All that was left to do after our meeting was throw it in the oven for 35 minutes, create the dressing for the salad, and then plate everything.


Our verdict of the meal

Heather:  I liked it.  It offered a great balance of flavors.  I enjoyed how the heat of the buffalo sauce on the chicken balanced the rich creaminess of the homemade blue cheese dressing.  I was really surprised I liked this so much, since I usually despise white sauces and dressings.   On a scale of 1-10, I rate this meal a "7".

Drew:   Liked it.  I really didn't think I would like celery in a dish, but it added a nice crunch without being overpowering.  The meal continued to grow on me.  I appreciated the flavors the more I ate it.  I rate this meal a "7".

Here's the link if you would like to try the recipe:  Baked Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Salad Recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray

Overall, we were pleased with day one and excited to try day two.  And something else nice about this--there were just enough leftovers for Drew and I for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment