Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Celebration!

We celebrated Jesus Christ's resurrection in Oklahoma last weekend with my family.  We had such a fun time celebrating with family--and Luke especially liked playing with all of his cousins and Grandma and Grandpa all weekend long!

Grandpa made some big bubbles!

I really enjoyed watching them fly away into the sky.

My cousin, Brody, showed me how his bubble gun worked.  His dad won this at Kristin & Michael's Bunco party!

I chased the bubbles Brody made.

My cousin, Traber and I, rode in the wagon together one night, along with Linnea, while we went on a walk in Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood.

Brody and Lilly took turns pulling us.  Kaylee ran alongside but you can't see her in this picture.

We saw a cow along the way.  Linnea was trying to get to the other side of the fence to play with Mr. Cow.

Mommy showed me how to color Easter eggs.  This was my first year to color them because I was too little last year.

Then, Daddy showed me his special techniques.

Lilly was a pro.

After Church on Sunday, we took some family photos.  This is Uncle Jason, Aunt Emily, and my cousins, Kaylee and Brody.

Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Brandy and cousin, Traber.

Aunt Holly, Uncle Ryan, and cousins Lilly and Linnea.

Me and my cousins.  There were too many cameras with flashes and adults making crazy sounds and doing funny dances.  We were confused.

This is my daddy, my mommy and me!
On the afternoon of Easter it was raining, so we found Easter eggs inside of the house instead of outside.  My cousins and I looked for eggs first.  We had a great time.  Then, the adults played a game with an Easter egg.  There were two teams:  the boys and the girls.  One team would have 5 minutes to hide one egg in the living room.  At least a quarter of the egg had to be visible.  The other team would then have one minute to find that egg.  If they found the egg, they would get a point.  There were three rounds, and the team with the most points at the end of the rounds won the game.  The adults were very loud when they played this game.  Us kids kind of got a little scared, because they were very serious about finding that egg and very upset when they didn't find it.  They looked like they had so much fun though, because they were also laughing a lot!  Silly adults!

The true reason we celebrated actually had nothing to do with Easter eggs or bunnies though.  My mommy and daddy told me it is all about Jesus' death and resurrection--that is why we are so happy at Easter.  They told me I will learn more as I grow older.  I am excited to learn more about Him and why he is so important to them.

1 comment:

  1. We were so glad you all got to come and celebrate Easter with us! We had a great time while you were here and always enjoy a great boys vrs girls game!

    ReplyDelete