Monday, September 12, 2011

23 Week Pregnancy Update

I am approaching the end of my 23rd week in pregnancy already.   We can't believe how quickly the weeks just seem to fly by.  We are already starting to decide on room arrangements for the kids.    We decided that we will move Luke into a different room, that we are calling his "Big Boy Room", shortly after his 2nd birthday next month.   I can't believe our baby will be two in just 3 weeks! We were going to move him straight into a twin bed (one that Drew actually slept on during his teenage year).  But, because we are afraid of fearless Luke jumping off of that bed and breaking a bone, we decided it might be smarter to convert his crib into a toddler bed as a transition for just a little while.  In the meantime, I have been searching craigslist for little girl crib bedding sets.   We also needed a dresser for our little girl.   This weekend we scored!    I went to many garage sales early Saturday morning and found a beautiful pink toile crib set.  I was shocked when the owner said she just wanted $25 for the entire set; the set included curtains, quilt, sheets, pillow cases, bumper, mobile, dust ruffle and even a diaper hamper.   So, after purchasing this, I decided on a shabby chic style bedroom for our little girl.  It will be so much fun finding and making some cute decor for her bedroom.  I will definitely post some pictures when her room is all put together later this year.

We also found a beautiful white crib and dresser on craigslist this weekend for the same price that we would be able to purchase a small cheap chest from Ikea.   The crib we purchased also converts to a toddler bed and full size bed eventually, so this makes it an even better deal!  It feels so good to be prepared with all of big items since after Luke's birthday quickly comes Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and then baby girl!  It will be here sooner than we think!

Our little baby girl has been gracefully making her presence known inside.   I am really hopeful that this means she will be very laid back outside of the womb as well.  We can now not only feel but also see her graceful movements by watching my belly at night.  With all of the presence of morning sickness that just recently started to subside, I had forgotten about how precious these moments are in pregnancy.

I am probably really going to regret this, but I am going to include a few belly bump pictures just to photo document this pregnancy stage.  I have been sick with a sinus cold for the past four days, only getting a couple of hours per sleep per night--that is why I look so tired and frumpy.  I figure that God is preparing me for when our little girl arrives and sleep will be minimal.   :-)  You have to be able to function on very little sleep with a newborn, and this time I will be caring for two little ones on little sleep.  I guess a little preparation here and there is a good thing, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment