Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cracking Down On Our Energy Use

I received this email a couple of days ago:


That is a weekly email I have been receiving for the past few months from the utility company that provides our electricity.  I guess the rising temperatures have caused our air conditioner to stay on longer.  Also, I think we have been running the washing machine and dishwasher more than usual.  I think it was easier to handle before I began receiving emails like this.  I would just receive the monthly bill in the mail, and yes, at times, it was shocking.  But now, I think I may have the tendency to obsess over our energy usage (remember my thriftiness post a few days ago?), anxious to see whether changes we make will affect the weekly numbers.  Dishes will be handwashed, clothes will be worn more than once before washing, TV will be on less, and the thermastat will be set at a greater temperature, while ceiling fans will be turned on.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Heather have you ever used a KillAWatt?

    http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not. Have you? It looks like something right up my alley! I am very interested.

    ReplyDelete