Monday, August 13, 2012

Things I want to remember about the past week. (Volume 1.3)

This is blog post #3 in the series, "Things I want to remember about the past week".  Here's what I don't want to forget:



1.  Abbey gives awesome hugs and kisses.  She has some great competition though, because her brother, Luke, performs outstanding in the hugs and kisses category.  I need to get some video of this. Here is a photo I took with my phone when we were out to lunch with my parents this past weekend:

Pulling Grandma in for a big smoochie!

 
2.  Abbey loves to play peek-a-boo.  Lately, she has been covering her face with a cloth diaper (burp cloth), and pulls it down just after you ask, "Where's Abbey".  She gives a huge smile when you say, "there she is!"  Perhaps I will capture a video of this sometime this week and post it in my next post.

3.  We participated in the Parent/Child dedication service at church on Sunday. It was such a special day that we celebrated with close friends and family.   It also happened to be my dad's birthday and I got to spend most of it with him--double blessing!  I am devoting an entire blog post to this topic, since it was so important to us. I will publish it in a couple of weeks, after I get to download the photos the church photographer took.

4.  We are so sad to see the end of the Summer Olympics 2012.  Although we didn't enjoy the three straight evenings that NBC filled most of the Olympic programming with diving and we didn't get to see any basketball or soccer, Luke did learn some new moves.

NBC, McKayla was not impressed with the Olympics Broadcast. 
 (Above photo courtesy of http://mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com/)

A lot of the divers do hand stands before their dives.  Luke decided he needed to learn to do those also.  On a side note, I can't believe that Luke will almost be 7 and Abbey will be 4.5 years old the next time the Summer Olympics come around.  I am wondering if Luke will be beginning training in swimming, soccer, track and field or for some other Olympic event at that time, which would make watching the Olympics even more interesting?   Perhaps it will be wrestling, as this photo shows he might have an interest in the sport.  Here, he is giving one of his friends, Ford, "a hug" before he left our house today:

Goodbye Ford!
..and the hug continues onto the floor.

Here is a photo of Ford and his baby brother, Wright, who is two months old.  I snapped a couple of photos of the boys while they visited:

Brothers!
Ford also gives great hugs!

Isn't he adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment