Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 3 of chemo attempt this week. Results are in....

I was really hoping to post this photo:


I actually took this photo before finding out my CBC results.  I just knew my ANC would be high enough.  But, unfortunately, it is not.  It went up from .7 to 1.0, which is not the 1.5 I needed.  My total white blood count came up considerably from 1 to in the 3's.  So, the neupogen is working.  My neutrophil (a type of white blood cell) production just hasn't been high enough yet I guess.

So, I am going to be getting another neupogen shot today and I will check my counts here tomorrow.  They will likely be fine tomorrow, so Thursday will be my new weekly chemo day for Taxol.  And, they will reduce my Taxol dose so that hopefully this doesn't happen again.  It probably didn't help my ANC that I only got a few hours sleep last night due to the intense pain.  One needs at least 6-8 hours of sleep daily in order to for your immune system to be able to work properly.  Therefore, I will be taking more Ibuprofen so I can get some sleep tonight.    Thanks for your continued prayers.  My ANC should be skyrocketed by tomorrow based on this bone pain.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment