Monday, December 3, 2012

Taxol Round 4? Maybe tomorrow.

Today, my white blood count (and neutrophil count--ANC) was too low for me to receive my 4th round of Taxol.  My ANC was .6, and it needs to be at least 1.5 in order to receive the treatment. So, I received an injection of Neupogen, an immunity booster, in order to attempt to get my ANC above 1.5 before tomorrow at 9:15a.  Hopefully, tomorrow morning when they draw labs, my counts will be higher and I can receive round 4 of Taxol.  Please pray that my ANC jumps up to a healthy range so that I can receive treatment tomorrow.   We don't want to deviate too much from my weekly schedule. 

The positive news is that, by feel, it seems the cancer is shrinking in size.  I am praying that what we feel is true and that it is, in fact, diminishing.  I also pray that it is being completely eradicated from my body and I will have no evidence of disease even before they begin surgery.

I will end this post with a couple of random, fun pictures of our happy little boy enjoying raking the leaves.  Thank you again for your prayers!









No comments:

Post a Comment