Friday, January 25, 2013

My First Surgery is Scheduled!

I can't believe I am nearing the end of one chapter of this cancer journey and moving right into the next already.  Over the past two days, I have been scheduling many appointments.  Here is what my upcoming schedule looks like:

Tuesday, 1/29: Labs at 1pm.  If my white blood count is low, receive a neupogen injection.

Wednesday, 1/30: Appointment with oncologist at 9:15am, followed by labs and then hopefully my last chemo! (My last chemo was actually on Friday, 2/1/13, due to low wbc on the previous days of the week)

Monday, 2/4: PET/CT at 9am--this imaging study will show any cancer remaining in my body--hopefully it shows none!!!!!

Friday, 2/8:  AM: Labs to ensure by blood counts are high enough for surgery on Monday, 2/11
              
12:15pm:  Pre-operative appointment with my breast surgeon.  We will have lots of questions here, because Drew and I really don't know at this point what to expect from the surgery.

Monday, 2/11:  8:45am, left mastectomy  (This is scheduled for less than 2 weeks after my last chemo.  Our original goal was to have surgery around 2.5-3 weeks following my last chemo to give my body plenty of time for healing from chemo.  But, there wasn't a date available in that range).  Updated!  My surgery is now scheduled for Wednesday, 2/13. Updated Again--My surgery is currently scheduled for 2/27.

Tuesday, 2/19: Post-operative appointment with breast surgeon


When I receive my pathology results from the surgery, I will know whether I will need to complete two additional rounds of AC chemotherapy before moving into 33 radiation treatments.  I should begin radiation treatments 4-6 weeks following my mastectomy.

We would appreciate your continued prayers:
  • Please pray that God provides all of the physicians wisdom and guidance in treating me. 
  • Please pray I can receive my chemotherapy on schedule this coming week.
  • Please pray that all of my blood counts look great following my last chemo.  My body needs to be well going into surgery.
  • Please pray that the surgery goes well and that I heal well from it.
  • Lastly, please pray for miraculous healing--that I will be completely healed from this cancer and that it will never return to my body again!
Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment