Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Birthday to our 2 Year Old Little Girl!

I seriously can't believe that I just typed that Blog Post Title!  How can it be?  How in the world can little Abbey Lee be two years old?   Abbey, it seems like just a little while ago you were this big:




 Then, just a few days later, you were this big:


You were such a big baby!
And you continued growing...into a beautiful little girl.


Abbey, thus far for most of your life, I have been fighting cancer.  One thing that I hope you can learn from this is that God allows struggles in our lives, but they teach and refine us.  The Lord is our strength when we are weak, and I have been "weak" for most of your life.  I have found so much strength in my Lord, Jesus Christ.   My hope is that some day you will find that same strength and faith.  Although "surviving" has not been easy for our little family, you bring so much joy to me and the rest of the family members' lives.  You have helped to make these past two years a true joy for all of us!  And this past year, you have grown from a baby, into a sassy, yet sweet, little girl.  Let's take a look at how you have grown this past year.

February 2013
April 2013

May 2013--you have ALWAYS enjoyed reading books over and over.  You will locate them wherever we are and then back right up into my lap to sit down.  I love it.

July 2013.  You thought it was pretty cool that you now had a younger cousin. You LOVED that you could push someone else in a swing.  And, I can tell you two will be great friends!

I love all of your "looks". 

You have always given the best kisses!  You absolutely love your daddy!

I love your precious profile!

And, I love your sweet giggles.  I also love how as soon as you realize you are tired and ready for your nap, you lay down wherever you are at that moment.


I love your conversations.  I think papa loves them too.

You love sweet treats.  We really limit those in our house, so birthday parties are a pretty exciting thing for you.  You truly enjoyed some of Krystal's birthday cake in this photo.

You totally dig "races."  When you decide you want to "race" (usually only you participating), you line up against a wall, a fence or whatever you can find.  Then, you ask someone else to say, "On your mark, get set, go!"   Then, you run as fast as you can and give them a hug.  I love when I am the one who gets that hug and gets to hear your giggles the whole way!


Here is a little bit of that sassy!

You are extremely nurturing.  Right now, your favorite thing to play is "pretend play" with babies (toys)--these can be baby dolls or baby animal toys.  You loved carrying baby Jesus around at Christmas this year. 

You are beautiful always--even when feeling ill!

A little more sassy...

Our sweet little strawberry!

Giving one of your babies a bath.

More nurturing.
One of my favorite times of the day is actually at night, when you say, "Night-night Mommy" and give me a huge kiss.  Of course, daddy loves it too!


Here are some other things to remember about you:

Your favorite toys:  baby dolls (by far), pretending with action figures (which you call "guys"), balls (and playing sports with them), and anything Luke (bubba) is playing with.  Oh yeah---I can't forget--you also absolutely LOVE the Ipad.

I don't ever want to forget your singing.  You have the most precious voice that can already carry a tune.  Recently, my favorites of your repertoire include "Jingle Bells", "The Farmer in the Dell", and "Row, Row, Row your Boat."

Your favorite foods include pretty much ANY fruit and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

My favorite phrases of yours "Night-night mommy," "I love you, mommy" and "bada-bada, now".  "Bada-bada" is your version of "granola bar".  Lately, you add "now" after anything you would like for mommy to get you with a sense of urgency.  You say it so sweetly, and sometimes even add a "please" without me asking you to do so.    Your language use just recently began growing significantly and compounding.  I am loving your little sentences.

You are absolutely hilarious---and I think you already know it.  You have your daddy, bubba (Luke) and me laughing every day.  You're our little comedian.

You command attention.  And, you know how to get it.  If you are talking to someone and you don't think they are listening, you actually pull their face around by grabbing the bottom of their chin so that they make eye contact.  In fact, you won't ever allow me to type on a computer while you are speaking to me.  When you are speaking, if I am typing, you will grab both of my hands so that I stop what I am doing and make eye contact.  I think you are going to be a great communicator!  :-)

Abbey girl--there is so much I want to remember about you.   I know I need to take WAY more videos, because I don't want to ever forget how awesome, precious, loving, sweet, nurturing, and funny you are.  We love you more than words can describe, Abbey Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment