Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day, a visit with Family and great news!


I feel so blessed right now for so many reasons.  First, my brother, Jeremy, sister-in-law, Brandy, and nephew Traber, have been visiting for the past few days.  It has been fun visiting with them, and I am sure Luke will be in tears when they have to return home.  In fact, I overheard Luke tell Traber tonight before bed, "Traber, I heard your mommy and daddy say they are going to be going home tomorrow.   You could just stay here."  

These two guys are best buddies!




It was also fun getting my MRI results while they were here.   All 4 MRI reports indicated no cancer in the areas they checked.   So, I was able to share immediately with them.  I should know my biopsy results early next week, since they marked them stat.  I really feel at great peace about the results and rest in the fact that God is sovereign.  

Second, Drew and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday.  Then, today was father's day.   Drew and I are so thankful to have been raised by some tremendous dads.  And, I feel ridiculously blessed to have married a guy that is an awesome daddy to our kids.  

Here is a little more of our weekend in photos:




The kids got to spend some quality time with their dads this weekend!



Abbey wanted daddy to carry her like a baby

matching sunglasses


We went to "Bubblepalooza", where there were lots of bubbles, music, ice cream, games (like hula hoops), and an appearance from a dinosaur.



Luke made a contraption that, when blown in, produced a bubble snake.  I love his look and Traber's look in this picture.

Here is the dinosaur that walked around.  It was very realistic: it looked AND sounded like a real dinosaur.
This is right before he stuck his face on the tray of Abbey's stroller and began acting like he was going to eat her.  Yeah, she was shaking in fear.  I can't believe he did that.  Most of the kids were afraid of him, as he walked around pretending to attack people.  The adults loved him though.

Oh, and did you know that Traber is getting a baby brother (Sawyer) soon?  Hooray for another cousin!

Brandy and baby Sawyer


I have to end this blog post with a few photos of our precious Abbey after she got out of the pool tonight.

First, she was pretending to be a sleeping baby, all wrapped up in her towel.
Then, she was just being cute.

What a fun, fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Father's Day pictures---and so happy about the MRI results--praying biopsy is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news about your results!!

    ReplyDelete