Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



I said I would do a Christmas blog post in lieu of our card this year.  But, I am a little late due to all of the traveling we have done.  I thought I would post something on the one day we had between travels, but that got filled up with unpacking, laundry and then more packing.  So, here I am writing that Christmas blog post.  We'll just call it the short and simple Merry Christmas and Happy New Year blog post.  :-)



We have so much to be thankful for this year.  Of course, we are extremely thankful for our salvation, which comes through God's only perfect Son, Jesus Christ.  I love this verse in John, which describes Christmas for me: "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)  God decided to send His own Son, Jesus (called Immanuel, "God with Us"), to dwell with us.   But until the time was just right for Jesus to be born, God really wanted His people, The Israelites, to understand His holiness and His desire to be with them.  So, long before Jesus was born, God told the Israelites to build a special place, called a Tabernacle, as a way for them to see these two things.   Although they didn't know it at the time, every part of the Tabernacle was actually a symbol for Jesus.  The word Tabernacle means "tent, "place of dwelling" or "sanctuary." When Jesus was born, the "Word" (which was God) became flesh and dwelled among us!  Jesus, who was sinless, eventually became the ultimate sacrifice for all of our sins for those of us who believe and receive him.   And the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our savior, we receive the Holy Spirit. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the action by which God takes up permanent residence in the body of a believer in Jesus Christ. Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/indwelling-of-the-Holy-Spirit.html#ixzz3NPiWJdAn).   He dwells with us!  That amazes me every time I think about it.  So,  Christmas for me means all of this and of course I am thankful for it! 

We are also so thankful for ALL of our family!    We got to spend some great time with family over the Holidays.

We didn't get a lot of photos, but here is one with Some of my Oklahoma family (apparently, I tilt my head in many photos, so they decided to all show me what this looks like).

We are thankful for all the fun ways to celebrate Christmas.  We are also thankful for getting to spend these fun times with Drew (daddy), siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts uncles, grandparents, etc.





We are even thankful for cheesy Christmas jammies:


I am also thankful for another year of being cancer free.   I pray that continues through the New Year!  We are just thankful for so much!

Our family wishes your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in 2015!  And, if Back to the future II predicts accurately, this is what 2015 is supposed to look like:





No comments:

Post a Comment