Monday, August 8, 2016

Evening "Daddy Time"

Every single day when Drew comes home from work, he gets to hear loudly, "Daddy's home!!!!!!" coming from the sweet little voices of our kids as he steps through the door. That is, IF he is not first hearing that exclamation as he is driving down our driveway, while the kids are running along the driveway jumping up and down.  What a "welcome home" greeting!!!

This picture is from December 2014.  Abbey was exclaiming "Yay, Daddy's home!" as he was pulling into the driveway.

I sat outside with the kids one day waiting for him to arrive and grabbed the camera to snap some photos of the pure joy in their expressions while seeing him pull into the driveway.  I need to do that again.  While, the kids are a couple of years older, their expressions of joy are still very similar.

And, let me tell you--it's not just the kids that are screaming with glee, "Daddy's home!!!!"  In my head, I am too!!!!  But, I am usually in the kitchen with my hands full finishing dinner preparations.  Thus, I am not typically running out to meet him when he arrives.  Although, my heart is.  :-)  When he arrives from work it is like we are complete again!!!  There are so many things we want to do as a family when daddy is home, but we only have about an hour after dinner is finished.  We fit in as much as we can though.  These times are super special and I am sure the kids will always remember these times together.  Here are just some of those special moments I captured one recent evening after dinner with daddy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment