Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween 2017

We thoroughly enjoy getting dressed up each Halloween in our group costume.  We usually plan months in advance what type of "theme" we are going to dress in.  That way, we can begin searching for deals or find used costumes.  When you buy used, then you can usually sell used at the same price as you bought it for--which means you are out no money for something the kids think is very fun.  It makes some pretty great memories.  This year, I found an Ironman and a Black Widow costume at the disney store outlet on super clearance back in April.  They are awesome costumes and I think I paid something like $7 each. So, I have known since the Spring what our family theme was going to be.  I ended up finding Drew's whole costume from someone near us who was selling used and then I found mine new for even less than Drew's.  I already had the blonde wig for myself and the red wig that Abbey wore (thanks to American Cancer Society and chemotherapy treatment).  Here are some photos from our fun Halloween.

The Sunday before Halloween we participated in "Trunk or Treat" at the church where the kids go to AWANAs.  They had so much fun.   We snapped a few photos of the kids at home and then headed to Trunk or Treat.




Luke and Abbey and some of their friends.


 




Then, on Halloween, the whole family dressed up in our Marvel themed costumes.  I was Valkyrie, Drew was Thor, Luke was Iron man and Abbey was Black Widow.


We trick or treated near our house with our friends. 
It was so much fun!  I wonder what we will be dressed up like next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment