Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 7: Leftovers and Weekly Recap

The orzo soup recipe made A LOT!   Because we didn't want to waste any food and because we were leaving to go out of town the following day to celebrate our Niece, Linnea's, first birthday, we ate soup leftovers for day 7.

We will definitely use Rachael Ray's Weekly Meal Planner again for the following reasons:
  1. The SHOPPING LIST!   I loved this.  A lot of times when you are trying out new recipes, it takes a lot of time to figure out everything you need, consolidating all of the week's meals ingredients into one list.   All of the work is done for you with the weekly planner--and the list is made such that waste is minimal.  Lastly, the list is organized by section of the store.   Grocery shopping takes very little time with this organization!
  2. Tips for saving time!   I am all about efficiency, so, of course, I love this!
  3. Delicious new meals in a very short amount of time.   What's not to love?
I am also going to start a google document list and save all of my favorite recipes on it, to put them into our permanent rotation.   If anyone wants me to "share" these with them, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment