Saturday, May 25, 2013

One of my final radiation updates!

That felt really good to type that title.  I am so glad that I only have 4 more radiation boosts and then my radiation treatment will be complete.  But, I must say, this 3-day weekend (and break from radiation) has come at a much-needed time.  Take a look at my poor skin:

this photo was taken today.

This photo was taken on 5/13--just 12 days ago.

It is probably a little difficult to tell from the photo.  But, my skin is bright red, peeling in some areas and feels like it is on fire.  On Tuesday afternoon when I go in for radiation, they will assess whether or not a need another day or two break before we wrap up the final treatments.  I had the first of my five "boosts" on Friday.  It was nice that the process only took about 5 minutes rather than the usual 20 minutes.  

I apologize for my slacking on blogging this past week.  Unfortunately, I was really ill.  Apparently, I was dealing with a rupturing ovarian cyst as well as a gastrointestinal infection.  I began feeling a lot better by Friday though and now am mainly just dealing with radiation side effects.  :-)  Hopefully I can pick back up with blogging on Monday.  

So, I am REALLY looking forward to this long Memorial Day weekend with the family.  Enjoy your long weekend spending time with your loved ones that are here and remembering those who are no longer with us!        

Love, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment