Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow! What is this stuff?

As I mentioned in my last post, I traveled with the kids to Oklahoma to stay with my parents last week.   When we arrived, there was still some snow on the ground (although in the process of melting) from the recent snowfall that they got.   The kids were SO excited!  As a photographer, I was pretty giddy too, as snow is one of the most beautiful scenes to photograph portraits in my opinion.

This was Abbey's first snow experience ever!   Luke's only snow experience was when he was a baby, and he didn't play in the snow then.  So really, this was a new experience for both of them.  It was so much fun to watch them both experiment with the snow and play in it.  Although it was below freezing degrees one of the days we were there, Luke still desired to be outside as much as possible.  He would come in for short breaks to warm up--it was so cute to watch him.

Of course I snapped some photos.  Here are some of the pictures I took of Abbey and Luke experiencing snow for the first time.


One of Abbey's favorite things to do was make footprints and look back at her "tracks."
Luke found a croquet mallet and was using it for many snow experiments.
Sassy little bundled up girl.

By the end of the week, the skin around her lips was pretty chapped due to her constant licking of the area.
experimenting with cups of snow
made his first snowball...someone is about to get hit with it!
Grandpa was ready to throw one back though!
snowball fight!


I love this picture!

So much fun!


more track-making by Abbey

Sorry for the overload--I love snow!


And I will finish with my favorite one...


2 comments:

  1. You are such a crazy talented photographer - I'm amazed EVERY time I see your pics. Course it doesn't hurt that you have some adorable subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Just saw I was logged in under my husband!

    ReplyDelete