Friday, April 3, 2015

Bluebonnets 2015!


On this Good Friday, I would love to share with my blog readers some bluebonnets photos.  This year, the bluebonnets are AMAZING!  Perhaps it is due to the increased rain we had this season as well as the most perfect weather.  The first time I saw a lush field of them outside my car window as I waited at a light, I literally lost my breath.  They were truly breathtaking.  Then, when we found the most gorgeous field last weekend, we were overwhelmed by the most lovely, fragrant floral scent as soon as we stepped out of the car!  We decided to take some photos there, because they were just too amazing not to snap pictures like crazy!



All of these gorgeous Texas wildflowers are a beautiful reminder of new life.  In fact, I have been reminded of that repeatedly lately.  We moved to a home with TONS of gorgeous live oaks all over our property.  This happens to be the season where the leaves drop on the live oaks.  And boy, do they drop.  We have had piles of them everywhere.  But, as we sweep and blow them away, we are reminded at the process that has to happen in order to give these beautiful trees new life.  They have to shed the old leaves to reveal the new beautiful canopy that they provide our home.  (It's funny, because our BSF teaching leader used the same example this week in lecture.  So, God used it there to remind me again!)  As we have moved into our new home, I feel like we are getting a fresh start.  We are further away from my oncologist's office.  I feel like moving here is part of God's way too to tell me I won't need to be going to that office as frequently as I did in the past.  So, I feel like moving here is a new beginning of my cancer-free survival.  I am SO ready for things to be more normal in that regard.  But, I had to go through a lot in order to get the new life I have today.  Of course, my life will never be the same, and my physical body has really taken a beating from the surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation and now ongoing drugs to prevent recurrence.  But, at least mentally I am going to try to move past the whole "cancer-Heather" and revert back to my identity as "Heather."  I have new things to focus on--like all the fun projects and dreams we have for our new home.   Still, it is a constant mental and spiritual battle to not dwell on the fear of the cancer returning, and whether my current treatment is the right one.  But, I love how God uses little things to remind me to trust Him and not live in fear.  ("I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." John 14:27 NLT

Speaking of new life--this Good Friday is a reminder that Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins so WE can have new life.  And thank goodness He rose again 3 days later!  I will do a separate Easter post, so I will end here and just leave you with some bluebonnet photos. I call it "bluebonnet explosion"!










And I had to include these photos below, because I am wearing the same shirt as I was wearing 5 years ago in a photo with Luke when he was only 6 months old.  We are also both looking in the same direction-ha!  Take a look:



Luke takes up a lot more of my lap today!  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment